Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Art of Marc Davis

Last month, I had the tremendous opportunity to attend this wonderful exhibit. Here are some of the images I took from my visit. Disney Artists like Marc Davis, inspired me to work in Animation!

More Information:
5/8/2009 - 7/26/2009 (Museum is closed on Mondays)
Beginning May 8, 2007, the Forest Lawn Museum in Glendale will present “The Art of Marc Davis.” The exhibit will feature drawings and paintings by distinguished artist and original Disney animator Marc Davis, one of the “Nine Old Men;” the core team of pioneering animators that Walt Disney assembled in the 1930s to advance the art of motion picture animation.

12 comments:

pumml said...

I really love Marc's work. Very modern and beautiful. Wish I could see it in person!

Emily Su said...

omg thanks! if you know about any other art shows that are cool in the area please be sure to tell me :D

tunaf1sh said...

these are rad! thanks for sharing :D

Jason Scheier said...

Hi Pumml, I love his artwork! That's a great point, there is a sense of progressive modern design in his work.. He was very ahead of his time with his train of thought and thinking..

Hi Emily, your very welcome.. I'm very happy to see all of you appreciating his beautiful artwork!

Hello Tuna, I'm glad you like the photos! Go see this!! :)

craig said...

great blog here. Bookmarked!

delatorre said...

Amazing work! keep it coming.

Jason Scheier said...

thanks guys! :D

PaoYunSoo said...

awesome style

Jason Scheier said...

thanks pao!

B! said...

wow awesome, thanks for posting this!!! not only do you have awesome artwork.. but you have awesome artwork of other ppl too!!

Kendra Melton said...

I'm a little behind, but where was this exhibit held? That would've been a treat to see. thanks so much for sharing.

scott davidson said...

"There should be pictures of food in the dining room and landscape in the living room," says my daughter, who is just starting her interior design course at our local university. So I asked her to browse to wahooart.com on the computer.
There she can choose good canvas prints to be made from a vast choice of Western art and she picked this one of fish by Braque, http://en.wahooart.com/A55A04/w.nsf/OPRA/BRUE-8LJ278 for the dining room.